Spring has arrived and the Warren County Ohio real estate market is showing signs of thawing with a nice surge in activity! For us, besides the real estate activity, we’ve got other signs of Spring!
- We’ve started mowing our grass!
- Spring blooms are in full swing Our crocus blooms have already come and gone, daffodils are plentiful, forsythia blooms are adding a splash of yellow, our jonquils are blooming and signs of growth with our shrubs and other perennials is evident.
- We attended a basic beekeeping class so we’ll be ready if another swarm comes out of the wild hive in the hickory tree next to our home.
Warren County Residential Sales Summary (single family homes & condos):
Number of Homes For Sale 4/1/17: 669 (DOWN 25 from 694 3/1/17)
Number of Homes Under Contract (Pending) 4/1/17: 561 (UP 98 from 469 3/1/17)
Number of Homes SOLD in MARCH: 250 vs 151 last month (as of March 1 UP 99)
Average Sales Price: $252,609 vs. February’s $235,623
Average Cumulative Days on Market for SOLD homes: 66 vs 69 in February
Median Sales Price: $224,000 vs. February’s $202,500
Median Cumulative Days on Market for SOLD homes: 21 vs. 35
Minimum Price Sold: $24,500
Maximum Price Sold: $1,000,000
What are the key takeaways?
- The decrease in homes for sale is the number we like the least. 669 condos and single family homes not under contract for the entire county is not many.
- The number of homes sold went up significantly, as did the number of homes with a contract.
- Increases in average and median prices are a positive sign,as is the decrease in time to contract.
- Luxury sales improved with 13 homes selling for $500k or more .
- Distressed (short sales and foreclosures) continued to be insignificant this month with 7 foreclosures and no short sales in the 250 sold homes. Currently the 669 homes for sale include 9 foreclosed homes and 3 short sales.
Still have questions about the local real estate market or want an in depth analysis of YOUR particular neighborhood and home? Call us at 513-520-5305 or email at [email protected] No hassle, no pressure. Whether you want to go on the Warren County market tomorrow, or next year, there’s value in knowing your specific options.
Liz and Bill aka BLiz